There are several relatively inexpensive things you can do to remodel a kitchen that could make all the difference in its look. If you are trying to sell your home then these things may be the deciding factor for buyers when they view your home since the kitchen is one of the most important rooms in the house that a buyer will look at. Here are some things that you can do:
- Replace cabinet door and drawer hardware (knobs, handles, and hinges). This can definitely change the feel of your kitchen (country, modern, etc.). With an average of $5 for each piece of hardware you can change your kitchen for only a few hundred dollars depending upon its size.
- Replace the kitchen faucet for around $200. You have so many options to choose from here.
- Add under cabinet LED lighting for about $40. If you are using flourescent lights with plastic covers or screens, change them out for a new look.
- While a little more expensive, replacing the countertops can make the most difference. Choose laminate that can mimic granite, or go for granite or silestone. This will cost you several thousand dollars however.
- Organize your kitchen. Add wall hooks for pots and utensils, over-the-door hooks, cabinet shelving, etc. to make better use of existing space and reduce clutter.