June 17, 2012
Here are some easy and cost-effective home projects you can do to give it that little extra pizzaz that can help it sell faster:
- Mulch flower beds and prune foliage. New mulch makes your flower beds look bright and new and are good for the plants too. As an alternative you can use landscaping rocks as well so you don’t have to renew each year. Just remember to keep the weeds down!
- Clean and paint outdoor fixtures. Rusting light fixtures can make your home look worn. Also consider caulking any trim that has separated and painting any rusting window lintels.
- Clean windows and screens.
- Add a pre-fab or do-it-youself window box and add plants such as vines or succulents.
- If you have laminate countertops you can apply Rustoleum Countertop Transformations at cost of $250 per kit to give a new, durable surface that looks like stone.