Second only to cleaning and decluttering, lightening and brightening your home can help your home sell much faster.
Here is what you can do:
- Repaint walls with light colors.
- Use clean, clear incandescent light bulbs in fixtures. Yes, they won’t be energy efficient but they will be bright and instant on. Keep softer, lower wattage for bathrooms, however.
- Clean light fixtures including shades and chandeliers.
- Wash your windows.
- Remove Window and/or Solar Screens.
- Replace dated fixtures. Brass and Bronze fixtures are dated. Oil-rubbed bronze and brushed nickel are more modern choices.
- Add more light fixtures such as wall sconces and under-cabinet lighting.
- Add mirrors as they bounce light and make rooms seem larger.
- Remove draperies, side panels, and valences from windows as they are not in style and block light. Wood blinds are more desirable but ensure they are open or rolled up.
While several of these require your home to be less energy efficient hopefully they will help it sell fast!